Thursday, February 7, 2008

My 2.0 Experience

I have mixed emotions about my experiences with Library 2.0. First, I'd like to thank my co-workers for all of their suggestions, thoughts and insights. I couldn't have done it without your help!



I was really excited to get started in this adventure at the beginning. I was interested in learning more about Web 2.0 and thought this was a great place to start. After the first couple of weeks though, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. There was a lot of reading that went along with each thing, but that wasn't what I didn't like. It seemed that we were expected to have prior knowledge regarding many of the terms that were used and researched. For instance, I had no idea what a blog or a wiki was to begin with. I felt like I was lost right from the start! The info. that was given just didn't do the job for me personally. There were times when a You Tube video was included in our activities and that was great. I am a visual learner.



Still, I feel I learned quite a lot in my Library 2.0 experience. There was surely a lot of thought that went into this and the information was useful. I'm very proud of myself for getting this far because I felt very overwhelmed with all of the info. and I began to dread the thought of having to blog on each activity.



I'm glad I stuck with it because I think I'll use this information in the near future!

No comments: