Thursday, February 7, 2008

Final Thoughts

When I made my first post back in November, I knew very little about Web 2.0. Today, I feel I've come a long way. At times I was frazzled with all of the information, but I kept at it and constantly asked my co-workers for assistance. There were also times I felt that I learned more from them then I did from the actual readings for the various "things".

There were a few things about Library 2.0 that I thought could've been improved upon. For example, it was frusterating when I couldn't access the excel sheet because someone else was using it. There were many times that I couldn't look at certain sites because they were blocked or wouldn't come up for whatever reasons. There was a ton of reading, some of which was very interesting, but not enough visually. For instance, the use of You Tube videos when explaining a particular term was extremely helpful. I loved the video that described tagging. I was having the hardest time understanding this concept until I watched the video. That put it all into perspective for me.

Other than that, I liked that we were able to work at our own pace but I still felt really pressed for time. Having this take place over the holidays wasn't such a good idea in my opinion. It was difficult to find the time during a normal work week to work on this. After some holiday leave, I really felt overwhelmed coming back and having all of these blogs hanging over me. I never thought I'd catch up.

Will I participate in another adventure like this? Absolutley. I just think it needs to be thought out a little more. After looking over several of the blogs, I believe everyone did a great job and put a lot of thought and time into Library 2.0.

2 comments:

Cindy Hart said...

Congrats! You completed 30 things, collaborated with peers and evolved as a lifelong learner.

Matthew R said...

Yeah, all done!!